Covid-19 Measures in Effect
In the interest of safeguarding the health and well-being of our clients, subcontractors, suppliers, consultants, employees and families, Rikjak is implementing measures to reduce the risk of contracting Coronavirus or Covid-19.
Effective immediately, the following procedures shall apply to all jobsites and our office location.
1. If you feel unwell, you are encouraged to stay home and call 811 for assistance.
2. If you are sick, do not come to work and consult a physician. Notify your supervisor if you must self-quarantine or receive medical treatment.
3. Self-quarantine is mandatory if you have been in contact or exposed to Covid-19.
4. The following are recommended practices to prevent viral contamination:
(a) Wash hands frequently with soap and water or use hand sanitizer;
(b) Cough or sneeze into your elbow or tissue;
(c) Limit close contact with others where possible; 6ft of distance and masking is recommended;
(d) Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth;
(e) Minimize contact with common use surfaces such as door handles, key pads and furniture. Use disinfecting sprays where suitable;
5. Conduct meetings through conference call and/or video link.
6. All jobsites and office location shall have signage posted at entrances and sign-in log book. Double vaccination status is mandatory for all staff, subtrades and visitors.
Rikjak Construction Ltd. is a Lunenburg, Nova Scotia based company established in Sept. 1993. The firm offers a full range of services to developers and clients in retail, industry and government. Rikjak specializes in design build work and general contracting, but offers other services including construction management, quantity surveying and feasibility studies.
Our mission is to continuously improve our ability to meet the needs of our customers, build upon our successes and provide employees with meaningful, satisfying work.
The contributing factors to Rikjak's ongoing success has been the ability to recognize and adapt to market demands, strategic alliances and maintaining relationships with past clients.
We have enjoyed a long time association with Butler Manufacturing (Blue Scope Steel) as an authorized Butler Builder. Butler Manufacturing is the oldest and largest manufacturer of pre-engineered buildings in the world. Rikjak is consistently one of the top Butler building producers in Atlantic Canada.
Rikjak Construction has a full time staff of qualified technicians and trades people to provide office and onsite support for projects of any size. Sub-consultants are retained as required to perform design, quality control and to assist in the preparation of consulting reports. Our ability to provide expertise from project concept to completion has garnered repeat business with many of our past clients.