March 2020 - Covid-19 Measures in Effect
In the interest of safeguarding the health and well-being of our clients, subcontractors, suppliers, consultants, employees and families, Rikjak is implementing measures to reduce the risk of contracting Coronavirus or Covid-19.
Effective immediately, the following procedures shall apply to all jobsites and our office location.
1. If you feel unwell, you are encouraged to stay home and call 811 for assistance.
2. If you are sick, do not come to work and consult a physician. Notify your supervisor if you must self-quarantine or receive medical treatment.
3. Any persons that have returned from outside of Canada since March 7, 2020 are prohibited from entering Rikjak sites or office. You are expected to self- quarantine for a minimum period of 14 days.
4. Self-quarantine is mandatory if you have been in contact with Covid-19.
5. The following are recommended practices to prevent viral contamination:
(a) Wash hands frequently with soap and water or use hand sanitizer;
(b) Cough or sneeze into your elbow or tissue;
(c) Limit close contact with others where possible; 6ft is recommended;
(d) Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth;
(e) Minimize contact with common use surfaces such as door handles, key pads and furniture.
6. Conduct meetings through conference call and/or video link.
7. All jobsites and office location shall have signage posted at entrances and sign-in log book.